MDJunction.com

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Spring Semester Begins- Computer Science Network Technology Degree

I finished my A.A.S. Business Mgt Entrepreneurship degree this past fall semester and am starting another degree in Computer Science Networking Technology. I began my two online classes yesterday and am pretty excited about things. The two online classes are Intro to Operating Systems and Intro to the Internet. I'd not really done much in DOS or seen how a MAC works but we are covering that in the first sections. I've finished the assignments for the first 4 chapters which will be covered on the first test and am waiting for the test to open. DOS & MAC OS X were covered in Chapters 2 & 3 respectively. Chapter 4 was Windows XP(my current system) so there were few surprises there. Ch 5 is Windows 2000 Pro which I had prior to purchasing my new desktop so that should be a bit of a review as well. I've never used Windows NT Workstation, Novell Client or Linux which will be the next chapter sections. I believe the last Section of Chapters covers Network Operating Systems-MAC OS X Server, Windows XP Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows NT Server, Novel Netware 6 and Red Hat Linux 8.0 Tomorrow I have orientation for my M & W classes--Intro to Computer Logic & Intro to HTML, XHTML & DHTML. Should be exciting....at least from my point of view ;-)

No comments: