MDJunction.com

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Favorite Quotes

  • I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.--Kurt Cobain
  • I am saved by the buoyancy of citrus! --Mitch Hedberg
  • Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence. -~ Edmond and Jules de Goncourt
  • Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend. ~ Albert Camus
  • If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend. ~ St. Augustine
  • Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion. ~ Javan
  • The Japanese have a word for it. It's Judo -- the art of conquering by yielding. The Western equivalent of judo is, 'Yes, dear.' ~ J. P. McEvoy
  • Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water-bath is to the body. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. --Vincent Van Gogh
  • Loneliness is the first thing which God's eye named, not good--John Milton
  • The end comes when we no longer talk with ourselves. It is the end of genuine thinking and the beginning of the final loneliness. --Edward Gibbon

No comments: